I missed this month's digital networking night called Web Wednesday hosted by Malaysian Digital Association to tend to personal matters. To know more about the event or the organising committee, a Google search might be able to provide you with enough info. Or maybe not.

Anyways, thus far the previous gatherings didn't increase my knowledge of the web industry nor did it provide me with any insight of how to change local client mentality over the cost of maintaining an online presence. Most big brands out there just leave the dirty work to media agencies to segregate and rid them of their budgets for the year so that every one looks like they are doing their jobs.

But that would be digressing from the matter at hand.

So, some friends were tagged in a photo album on Facebook during the event and I browsed the photos. Not only did the organising committee bribed attendees with free beer and even dinner, they had a mascot of some sort of weird/freak attraction you would normally pay a circus to go see. I couldn't believe my eyes when almost every other picture captured this person with its head full of short strands dyed in a cheap light red hue. It started to look like some kind of badly planned branding stunt, associating the Night with this persona. It was appalling to say the least. I do plan to attend a Web Wed Night some time soon but if it is going to turn into some kind of feature freak show then I would have to maybe start my own networking night else where.

Now, I could post up a photo to show you how the "freak mascot" looks but I have myself to debate with over if it would be right to expose the freak's identity even though she was a cold hearted bitch to me when in the last SMCKL (social media club kl) all I said to her was "Wow, high security. Isn't it quite a hassle for you?", only to get a hard stare and some stiff words forced out of her thin lips. Bet her fist was mighty clenched too. Anyways, indirectly I made her fetch me a mug of water when my peers asked if there was any water served. She rolled her eyes and went to get 2 mugs for the 5 thirsty people. Total number of attendees that night was 15, give or take. Might be a long time until the next one.

Long story short, she's one mean bitch and a big time shoe polisher.

1 comments:

Very nice blog and i like the info here
Malaysia Tour Packages