As we were winding down from the day at the office, Baharin and I spied the box of Prince Hubert de Polignac standing on Vincent's table. Since he missed our last company function, he was given the bottle as a token. As I remembered from that night, there wasn't much left in it. So, of course we took it and had a chat over it and remove the bottle from the box only to find an inch left. Suspicion.. has Vincent been conveniently sneaking swigs during working hours? Baharin suggested we polish whatever's left and we did, half half. Well, not half half la. Baharin scrunched up his face just as the liquid touched his lips so I took it from him and tilt the bottle into the air. Damn! Not enough ler..

I got acquainted with this very premium cognac at the event. Not particularly knowing the stuff, it was the best choice out of what was clustered on the 2 long tables that night. Chivas don't appeal to me (unless it's Royal Salut) and beer just sedates me and so when a colleague asked what my poison was I pointed to the bottle of V.S.O.P

Sweet to the lips, I didn't want to interfere its taste with ice. Very Superior indeed! Very Superior Old Pale is a grade of cognac where the youngest brandy is stored at least four years in cask. I'm not sure how popular this brand of cognac is in the world but it definitely is choiced over any blended whiskey and vodka. It is also referred to as Fine Champagne which is a blend of eaux-de-vie issued from the two best growths, the Grande Champagne and the Petite Champagne, with a minimum of 50% of Grande Champagne.. which is according to the site.

There's this one thing about VSOP called the Angels' Share which is a poetic name and it happens in the ageing process when the eau-de-vie or brandy, evaporates through the oak barrel while ageing in dark and damp cellars. So does it mean there are angels taking care of the barrels and barrels of cognac ageing underground? Unless they refer to cellar masters as angels..

0 comments: